Gift Card API overview
Zettle merchants can sell gift cards as a product in the product library for their store. A gift card can also be a payment method for customers to redeem and make purchases in a merchant´s store. Gift cards can be used to pay for a purchase partially or entirely.
Explore the sections listed in the following to get an understanding of how to work with the Gift Card API.
A gift card can have one of these statuses:
- Unredeemed. The gift card hasn’t been used.
- Redeemed. The gift card has been used and has a balance of zero.
- Partially redeemed. The gift card has been used but has a remaining balance.
- Expired. The gift card has passed its expiry date and may or may not have a remaining balance.
- Returned. The gift card was returned by a customer.
See Selling gift cards.
The Zettle Gift Card API is used to programmatically fetch details for a gift card. It's usually used together with the
Purchase API to provide additional purchasing information. To be able to track the status of gift cards, each gift card
has a code, and a unique gift card
Uuid. The UUID is used in the purchase history information, and can be retrieved
through the Purchase API.
Note: Currently, there is no support to fetch transactions for payments made with gift cards.
Through the Gift Card API, you can retrieve gift card details to see values for different statuses.