Gift Card API overview
Zettle merchants can sell gift cards as a product in the product library for their store. A gift card can also be a payment method for customers to redeem and make purchases in a merchant´s store. Gift cards can be used to pay for a purchase partially or entirely.
Register on the Zettle Developer Portal to create credentials for the app you are building, and learn more about different types of integrations. See Get started for more information.
Explore the sections listed in the following to get an understanding of how to work with the Gift Card API.
A gift card can have one of these statuses:
- Unredeemed. The gift card hasn’t been used.
- Redeemed. The gift card has been used and has a balance of zero.
- Partially redeemed. The gift card has been used but has a remaining balance.
- Expired. The gift card has passed its expiry date and may or may not have a remaining balance.
- Returned. The gift card was returned by a customer.
See Selling gift cards.
The Zettle Gift Card API is used to programmatically fetch details for a gift card. It's usually used together with the Purchase API to provide additional purchasing information. To be able to track the status of gift cards, each gift card has a code, and a unique gift card
Uuid. The UUID is used in the purchase history information, and can be retrieved through the Purchase API.
Through the Gift Card API, you can retrieve gift card details to see values for different statuses.