Manage in-app pairing
With the Zettle Reader 2 we are introducing a new type of Bluetooth called Bluetooth Low Energey (BLE). This enables us to do in-app pairing. This means that everything related to the Zettle reader is done in the application. The Zettle Reader 2 will not be visible in Bluetooth settings.
- Select Card readers to connect the Zettle Reader 2 from the SDK.
- The message “No card reader connected” displays.
- Tap Connect card reader.
- Select Zettle Reader 2. Note that other card readers can be connected from the Android Bluetooth settings.
- The user is asked to turn on the Zettle Reader 2 for it to be detected. Detected readers appear in the list.
- The number displayed in the app should correlate to the number in the card reader display.
- When a card reader is selected, the BLE pairing is initialised.
- When a connection is established, the user will be asked to compare numbers in the app and in the card reader display.
- The user must confirm the numbers on both devices. This is done by selecting Confirm in the app, and clicking the confirmation button in the card reader.
- When the pairing is confirmed, the reader displays in the Connected card readers view.
- To forget a card reader, go to the Card reader detail view. Note that forgetting a card reader can no longer be done from the Android Bluetooth settings.