Get started with Android SDK
The Zettle SDKs makes it possible to build integration solutions for accepting card payments with a Zettle card reader from any Android-based app.
You need the following to get started:
- A unique app package name to identify your Android integration app.
- An OAuth redirect URI to your POS app. This is the callback URL to which merchants will be redirected after successful authorisation.
- A GitHub token to access packages from GitHub. See the following how to get this.
- An account in the Developer Portal. See the following how to get this.
- A Client ID for your integration app. See the following how to get this.
Generate a GitHub token
The Zettle Payment SDK for Android is available as packages from the GitHub Package Registry. To be able to access these you need a GitHub Token.
- Click on your profile picture in GitHub.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Developer Settings.
- Select Personal access tokens and Generate a new token.
- Select the scope read:packages.
- Click Generate token.
- Save the token for later use.
Create a Developer Portal account
To be able to create apps, you need an account in the Zettle Developer Portal.
Get a Client ID
Your application is responsible for user authorisation. In the SDK, this is performed through the implementation of OAuth 2.0. The SDK OAuth API integration enables you to hook into the authorisation and authentication API. A Client ID and a callback URL from your integrating app is required for this.